These are my most popular posts on the blog, categorised into what I hope are self-explanatory sections.
Let me know if you have any questions, or suggestions for other topics. I welcome guest posts from time to time, so if you’d like to write for Work Your Way, please check out the submission guidelines here.
JUST STARTING OUT?
If you’re just starting out and taking those first tentative steps towards doing your own thing, find ideas here on what to do, how to do it, how to get your creative juices flowing (again), tips on mindfulness, positivity, and more.
- 5 Wondrous Ways You Can Step Up With Self-Confidence
- Feeling Stuck? Try These Simple Creative Problem Solving Techniques
- How To Monetize Your Hobby
- Video – 9 Ways To Supercharge Your Creativity
- How To Be More Curious And Take Inspired Action Today
- How Being More Curious Can Inspire Creativity
- 9 Tips To Super-Charge Your Creative Thinking Abilities
- More On Doing What You Love And Becoming A Mature Student
- When You’re Stuck In Analysis Paralysis
- How To Move Forward (When Everything’s Holding You Back)
- Why You Owe It To Yourself To Live Passionately
- How To Adopt Mindfulness
- Don’t Let Negativity Prevent You From Starting Up
- How To Start A Business (Even If You Don’t Have A Business Idea)
- Starting-up: What no-one tells you about managing expectations.
- How To Start A Dressmaking Business
- How To Start A Beauty Business
- How To Start Blogging For Business And Enjoy It
- How To Cope With Overwhelm
- How To Move Forward When Self-Doubt Disrupts Your Momentum
- The Minimalist Guide To Learning New Skills
- 5 Self-Promotion Tips For Absolute Beginners
- 5 Tips For Venturing Into A New Career
- Portfolio Career – What To Choose When You Want Everything
- What My Missing House Keys Taught Me About Finding A New Career
- How To Bounce Back From Rejection
- Wave Goodbye To Procrastination
WORKING FOR YOURSELF, LOOKING FOR SUPPORT?
If you’re already doing your own thing, but looking for tips on how to do it better – check out these articles which cover a range of subjects from deciding the right type of business, to stepping into freelancing, how to monetize a hobby, charging for your craft, right down to the nitty-gritty of working more profitably and getting past the small stuff.
- 9 Steps To A Successful Freelance Career
- 3 Ways To Check If You’re On The Right Track With Your Business
- Too Much Month At The End Of Your Money?
- Should You Reduce Your Fees?
- Social Interaction For Home Workers – Why You Need It And Where To Find It
- Running A Business And How To Get Past The Small Stuff
- From Craft Fair to Craft Shop – How To Sell Your Work On The High Street
- Is It Possible To Have A Profitable, Creative Hobby Business
- The Trials And Tribulations Of a Female Breadwinner
- How To Become A Virtual Assistant
- Finding Business Inspiration – 3 Simple Lessons
- Top 10 Bookkeeping Tips For Startups
- How To Make Market Research More Meaningful And Fun
- Can’t Keep Up With Your Social Media? 2 Simple Solutions
- How To Choose The Right Home-Based Business For You
- Don’t Make This Mistake When Your Startup In Business
- Freelance Quick Tip – Systemise Your Business
- Quick Tip: How To Find New Customers Without Advertising
- Work From Home or From An Office? The Grass Is Always Greener
- How to make money as a portrait artist
- When Does My Hobby Become A Business?
- 4 Ways To Expand Your Business With A Limited Budget
- The Key To Setting Up A Successful Shop Online
- Dealing With Awkward Customers
- 5 Tips For Healthy Homeworking
- 3 Commonly Ignored Ways To Find New Clients
- Freelance 101: How To Get More Work Than You Can Handle
- Freelance 101: How To Appear Bigger Than You Are
- Steptoe Syndrome – What To Avoid When Working From Home
- How To Sell More Kindle eBooks
- How To Publish eBooks On Kindle
- How To Market Your Business By Taking Your Own Images
- How To Bag Support For Your Business In 4 Easy Steps
- Blogging 101: How To Find Inspiration For Your Blog Posts
- How To Get A Shop Up And Running On Etsy
- 12 Tasks to Outsource to a Virtual Assistant
WORK LIFE BLEND
You’re blending work life with family life. There’s no one-cap-fits-all-solution. How can there be? We all have entirely unique circumstances.
So long as you proritise what’s important to you, who’s to say whether your blend (50/50; 20/80; 80/20) is wrong – or right!
Suffice to say that at times, it’s good to compare notes with others who are in the same boat. If you’re balancing/blending/juggling/muddling your way through life and work – take heart that you’re not alone,,, as you’ll see with these articles. I hope they can help.
- Finding A Happy Balance With Work And Home
- How To Build In More Time With Your Children
- 7 Ways To Involve Your Child In Your Work
- Freelancing With Pre-School Children – How Do You Cope?
- 3 Ways For Working Families To Stay Organised
- What It Really Means To Be A Work From Home Mum
- Encouraging Creativity In Kids
- 7 Tips For Happier Mornings
- Top Tips For Online Marketing During The Summer Holidays
- 6 Steps To Stress-Free Holidays
- Inspirational Mothers – The Power Of Love, Forgiveness And Understanding
- Preparing Your Kids For a New School Term? Try Changing Your Work Routine
- The Art of Doing Nothing